The Revolutionary Way of Printing: Digital Printing Fabric
In the world of textiles, printing is an essential process that takes place before the final product is made. It is a way of transferring designs and patterns onto the fabrics. However, there are many conventional printing processes, all of which have various environmental impacts. The traditional printing methods require a large amount of water and chemicals to apply the designs to the fabric. Digital printing fabric, on the other hand, is a remarkable and sustainable technology that is eco-friendly and basically waterless. In this blog, we will explore why digital printing fabric is the new way of printing.
- Waterless Printing: One of the significant advantages of digital printing fabric is that it saves water. Traditional printing techniques involve water extensively, making it an environmentally hazardous process. Digital printing is a dry-print method that transfers the design onto the fabric without the use of water. Instead of using water, it uses heat to cure the ink into the fabric. Therefore, digital printing is much more sustainable than traditional printing.
- Cost-efficient and Time-Saving: Digital printing fabric is cost-efficient and time-saving as it doesn't require upfront sampling expenses. In traditional printing processes, if a design needs to be changed or corrected, the entire printing process needs to be redone. In digital printing, any changes can be made with ease, and the design can be edited within no time, saving both money and time.
- High-Quality Designs: Digital printing fabric allows for high-quality designs to be produced. This method of printing is precise and exact, and there is no fear of the inks bleeding or spreading onto other areas of the fabric. Digital printing fabric can print the finest of details in a design that traditional printing processes simply cannot achieve.
- Environmentally Sustainable: The traditional processes of printing can be devastating to our environment. The use of excessive water, chemicals and dyes not only pollutes the water, but it also leads to the poor quality of air in the surroundings. Toxic waste containing heavy metals and bleaches is then released into the environment, causing a considerable amount of damage. Digital printing fabric is a sustainable method of printing as it doesn't release hazardous pollutants and uses at least 95% less water than traditional processes.
- Diversity of Designs: Digital printing fabric offers tremendous flexibility and diversity of designs. This method can accurately recreate designs onto various fabrics like cotton, silk, polyester and more. With high-resolution scanning and unlimited colour options.
With technology progressing rapidly, it is clear that digital printing fabric is the way forward for the textile industry. It is sustainable, convenient, cost-efficient and offers unparalleled diversity in design. Digital printing fabric gives fashion designers the freedom to experiment with different patterns, colours, and designs without any limitations. By switching to digital printing fabric, the textile industry can continue to produce high-quality, sustainable textiles while keeping earth safe.